Monday, February 11, 2013

New China Cabinet

I have wanted a china cabinet since we started registering for our wedding because I wanted to show off all my pretty glasses and accessories we got for the wedding. Before Christmas I went furniture shopping with my Mom and Taylor and didn't even really find anything I liked at the furniture stores in town and if I did they were all over a thousand dollars. I wanted something nice but not really expensive so I looked at IKEA.

Since I was in high school I have loved IKEA. I got my duvet and duvet cover among other items for college and the funny thing is they still have the duvet cover. That has been almost ten years!! I have gone to IKEA a few times with my Mom and sisters so we decided to go Super Bowl Sunday. We didn't think it was going to be busy but it was busy! We knew what we wanted and we ended up leaving with a full truck! Brooke didn't make the trip since she is so preggers but Taylor, Jenna, my Mom, and I took the day to shop. Taylor got a lot of furniture and Jenna even picked up a few things. I left with my china cabinet and Matt even was a sport helping me put it together. Here are the pictures of the cabinet!

 I don't have the best camera and actually the only camera I use is on my camera. The cabinet is awesome and has four shelves and four drawers. I have my linens, cookbooks, and other wine accessories in the drawers.
 This bookshelf is my old "china cabinet" which now is in another corner of my dining room and has a few pictures I had hanging on the wall and other decor that I keep in a closet upstairs. I love the way it looks!

These three bottles are super cool and my Dad has found all of them doing different backhoe work. They are all local and are from Normal and Pekin. I have tried to look up more information on them but wasn't able to find anything in my search. 
 
Here is a picture of my truck ans it filled to the max! Taylor actually is the one who packed it but don't worry the big box that looks like it is going to fly out is a really a chair and in the shape of a chair so the top of the chair is shoved down between other boxes! We successfully didn't lose anything on our trip home! My Mom and Jenna had to sit with all of our other purchases but we all survived. I know I drove for a reason!!!
 
 







No comments:

Post a Comment