Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Hobbies: How I go from 26 to 80 in an hour!

Gardening

I have a love for gardening and growing herbs and plants but really have no where to put them because our back yard is completely covered with shade by trees. A few years ago I started to dig and get a good place to plant and found a sidewalk about six inches down. So after that I would just plant flowers in pots and hope and pray that the college kids would leave them alone (which never happens) but I tried anyway. Then I moved to herbs but never really used them or would kill them. I have a new plan this year and that is to plant vegetables, herbs, and flowers in pots and see how they grow. I think this is something that I might actually want to blog about and show my experience!

I went for a run on Saturday with my friend and came home and decided to use my Seize the Deal (gotta love it) to Casey's garden shop! I picked up Taylor and we were on a mission. She wasn't as excited as I was but we had a lot of fun shopping. We came home and play with the dogs and I planted the veggies and flowers! Matt came home and told me that is was going to rain for the next ten days so when I got done we moved them into our sun room and here they are!!!

 My Heirloom tomato plant
 This is the lavender (aren't you always supposed to grow lavender.. I learned that in a movie once aka Practical Magic), mint (maybe for yummy drinks), and oregano.These are definitely going to have to go to something bigger!!!
 
This is the red pepper, green pepper, jalapeno peppers, and cherry tomato plant!
 Little flowers in a pot Matt got me with flowers in it for our second anniversary!!
 Last of the herbs we have cilantro (my favorite) and basil....of course!!
 One pot of pretty flowers that Tay helped me pick out and yes that is the game of Life on a microwave in our sun room. I needed more plant stands and thought this would work!
 This is a little house plant that Matt surprised me with a week or so ago that I re-potted.
 I underestimated how many pots I had and still have flowers to plant!
These are the plants that started it all. I have had both of these since 2006-2007 in my last year of college. They have moved five times and have been put through a lot and are still alive. See I don't kill everything!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment