Monday, February 1, 2016

Day at the Zoo!


Jackson's babysitter let us know on Sunday that she was going to take Monday off because she was sick, so I decided to take the day and spend it with my little man. We were going to go to the Discovery museum but it was closed so we headed to the Miller Park Zoo. The weather was pretty nice so we went and it was great. 

We were in Uptown Normal running a few errands and Jackson wanted to walk. I had to take this picture beacuse I love it when he holds my hand! 
I hadn't been to Miller Park Zoo in years and a lot of it still looks similiar but it was a perfect day to go because no one was there and they were feeding the otters and the sea lions so Jackson was in heaven. There were a lot of little monkeys too which he thought was pretty cool.
He would stand up to the glass and point at something and then look at me. He could have stayed there for hours, well I think we were there for almost 2.5.
We went through each exhibit a few times and Jackson thought it was fun to just run around. Inside there were birds just walking and flying around so of course we had to chase a few.

Jackson and Mommy Selfie.... they never get old!
The coolest thing they have is the wallaby exhibit. They have wallabies, walaroos, and a kangaroo just jumping around. We got there close to when they opened and we might have been the first people through. We walked through the door and they were so close. Jackson was trying to give one a hug and got really close. I totally would have let him, I mean if they are not in cages they probably won't hurt anyone, right? Anyway he loved it and so did I. 


We left the zoo and went to meet Matt for lunch at Moe's. Then went home and someone took a really long nice nap! These days are the best!



No comments:

Post a Comment