Sunday, March 9, 2014

Colorado December 25th- January 2nd


We decided this year to skip our trip out of the country and took the Amtrak to Colorado for the week. We left on Christmas day and headed to Galesburg to catch the train. I have never been on a train overnight so it was quite the experience. We had a sleeper and the trip was a little over 24 hours before we arrived in Denver. We stayed at a Marriott in downtown Denver where we were around a million different bars, shops, and restaurants. We were in Denver for three days and it was amazing because the weather was in the fifties the entire time.

This was a photo from the 16th street mall. The area was awesome because you couldn't drive down this street so we were able to do a lot of walking and sightseeing. This was my first time in Denver and really enjoyed our stay. 
 Matt took me to the aquarium. It was amazing and we had so much fun. I can't wait to have a little one to have even another reason to go to Aquariums and museums.
 One day we took the lightrail (high speed train) to Golden, CO for the day. This is where the Coors Brewery is and the reason we went to this town. Little did I know, you couldn't have any personal belongings during the tour (no purses) and since we took the train I had my giant Hobo full of goodies for the day and couldn't store it anywhere. This made no sense to me but we both were pretty bummed we couldn't take the tour.
 I loved this statue on the streets of Golden. It was super neat and huge!
 This is a little our of order but these are buffalo statues made out of steel sheets on the street of Denver at night.
 Since I couldn't have a drink all week we saw this and I had to take a picture. Now I can't remember how many coors lights this was but it was alot!!! All day we bar hopped, shop hopped, and soaked in the sunshine!
 When we left Denver we took another Amtrak to Grand Junction, Colorado which was the most beautiful scenic trip I have ever gone on. The trip took 8 hours through the mountains. We both just stared out the window the entire trip. I didn't feel good the whole time we were gone with morning sickness (all day long) and I was off all my arthritis medications so I was stiff and sore all trip, but Matt was truly amazing and kept getting me ginger ale whenever he got a beer. So sweet, everyone knows I always take pictures of beer so I thought this was fitting.
 My first time using the excuse "the baby needed ice cream," with a mint brownie and ice cream from an Irish Pub in Grand Junction.
 Driving into Durango, CO. We rented a car in Golden and Matt drove to Durango for a few days. Durango was my favorite part trip. It was a great small town with so many things to do!
 Another drink I am obsessed with!
 This was on the train in Durango. We took a day trip and it was beautiful. We left Durango and headed to Silverton and had to stop because of all of the snow. This railroad has a Polar Express (it was the first one) and we were there to see the kiddos get on and off the train to see Santa. The train trip was so cool because we were in Caboose with all adults so it was neat to be at the back of the train.
 Amazing river where we stopped to eat lunch.
 The Polar Express!
 More pictures from the train trip... This was really far down, Matt was impressed I could event take this picture.... I am afraid of heights!
 We stopped on the trip from Durango back to Grand Junction to see the waterfalls. So neat!
 This was a half frozen waterfall. I had never see anything like it!
 This log truck reminded me of AX Men. This road was barely wide enough for the jeep we were driving, let alone a semi. Good thing Matt drives for a living!
 Our selfie!
 This was in a bar. The wall paper was all all beer bottle labels. I had to take a picture of this!
 More pictures....




No comments:

Post a Comment