Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Nashville

Matt had two engines in his shop that he was going to sell to a diesel mechanic shop outside of Nashville, TN. He has had them for a few weeks and I told him that no matter when he took them I was going to go with him so I could go to Nashville!

I have only been to Nashville once and it was for a sorority convention back before I was even 21! When I was there we really didn't get to do too much but we did manage to sneak out two nights when we were there. I have always wanted to go so I hitched a ride with Matt.

We stayed at the Gaylord Opryland which Marriott recently bought the Gaylord resorts so I got a steal on a room. Here is a map of the hotel to show you how big it was!
This is the map they give you at check-in so you can find your room. There was over 7 restaurants and bars in the hotel so we actually never left once we checked in! It was really busy and we decided since it was a quick trip we would just stay there!
On the right is a picture of the atrium with ducks, fish, and water features! There was sushi bar on the water it was so cool! I told Matt that we need to take girls trip around Christmas and come back to this hotel!!
Matt and I have an obsession with the Food Network especially Diner's, Drive-in's, and Dives. We have been talking about stopping at restaurants we see on this show for years and we finally hit up our first place. It was super yummy and had local beers to wash it down! I am not a fan of BBQ at all but I even enjoyed the food. Then the very next week Matt and Tyler went to Mississippi and hit up another DDD favorite Memphis BBQ.

This is a picture of where they smoke the pig! It smelled so good in this restaurant! 


Not the best picture but we actually took a picture together! 





No comments:

Post a Comment